Haron Smart Laminated Glass
Laminated smart glass, also known as switchable or privacy glass, is a type of glass that is made up of two or more layers of tempered glass, with a polymer layer or interlayer sandwiched between them. This interlayer is made of a material that can change its transparency and color when an electric current is applied, allowing the glass to switch between transparent and opaque states.
One of the major advantages of laminated smart glass is its ability to provide privacy and security when needed. The glass can be switched from transparent to opaque with the press of a button, creating a barrier between the inside and outside of a room. This makes it useful in spaces like office partition, conference rooms, bathrooms, and bedrooms where privacy is desired.
Another advantage of laminated smart glass is its energy-saving capabilities. The glass can be programmed to automatically switch to an opaque state during the hottest parts of the day, blocking out the sun’s heat and reducing the amount of energy needed to cool the space. Additionally, the glass can be used to control the amount of natural light entering a room, reducing the need for artificial lighting and saving energy.
- High clarity when transparent at 98%
- UV protection up to 99%
- 42% Solar Heat Reduction.
- Multiple pieces can be configured to work together.
- Flexible Control System (Switch, Remote, Wifi…)
- Very Low maintenance
- 2 year warranty
- Power – 220VAC (Converted to 37~60vAC)
- Frequency – 50/60Hz
- Current – 0.1 amperes per sqm
- Power – 3~5 watts per sqm
- Switching – 50-100 Milliseconds
- Operation – (on) transparent (off) opaque
- Glass Thickness – 4×4 / 5×5 / 6×6 / 8×8 / 10×10
- Lifespan – 8 to 15 years
- Tested over 3 million switches
- High temperatures – > 76°C
- High temperature / humidity – > 50 degrees °C / 95% RH
- Cold temperatures – > -20 °C
- Standard thickness – 13mm
- Panel width -> 1000 / 1200 / 1500 / 1800mm
- Panel height – > up to 3000 mm
- The power should be ON in order for the film to turn clear. In case of electricity shortage it will instantly turn opaque.
Smart glass and film go from clear to frosted with the flick of a switch providing privacy on demand. However, when the glass is switched to clear there can be a slight haze. This cannot be avoided due to the presence of small droplets that reflect the light.
Smart glass and film contain a PDLC layer when powered on the crystals align and the glass become clear, when powered off the crystals scatter the light and the glass appears to be frosted. These crystals are responsible for the slight haze that can be seen.
Under normal lighting conditions, the Smart Glass displays optimum clarity.